The summer heat certainly takes its toll on flowers. While the summer is the best time to see many of them bloom, it’s also a time when your outdoor flowers require a little more TLC. Here are some tips that will help you keep your brilliant flowers alive during the hot months.
• Keep your flowers watered. Water in the evening or on overcast days (if there are any!) to avoid wasting water (it will evaporate during the hot afternoon).
• Deadhead your flowers after they are done blooming. This can make some flowers bloom even more spectacularly later.
• Cut back blooming perennials. Like deadheading, this can make your flowerbeds look better and will encourage new growth in the flowers themselves.
• Don’t forget to fertilize your flowers. Fertilizing your plants during the summer will keep them healthy and blooming.
• Cover your flowers during severe storms.
• Bring in any potted flowers during major storms.
Want to bring some of these amazing flowers indoors? We deliver summer flowers in Asheboro, NC.