While some of the more well-known and popular flowers bloom during the summer, the late summer and fall months have just as many amazing flowers. Late summer actually features some flowers you won’t see any other time of the year. Here are just a few of them.
• Cleome is a fun perennial that grows to be four feet high! Its colorful flowers will appear anywhere between July and September.
• The Bee Balm is a bright pink flower that may actually bloom all summer if it’s carefully cultivated. If not, it will bloom during the cooler days at the end of the season.
• The Anise Hyssop can be planted between other flowers. While it’s not a bright flower that draws attention to itself, it does bloom some pretty purple flowers in the late summer and early fall months.
• The Lobelia cardinalis has beautiful cascading red blooms that almost look like tiny little red birds.
• The Ammi majus, also called Bishop’s Weed, looks similar to Queen Anne’s Lace. It’s a great flower to actually plant during the hottest summer months because it blooms and quickly fades during the late summer and fall.
• One of the more popular late-summer flowers is the zinnia. It grows in many areas and brightens up the early fall.
• Morning Glories are another beautiful flower that grows in areas that get a good amount of water. They bloom in a number of colors.
Want some of these late summer flowers in your home? Give us a call and we’ll deliver a gorgeous late summer bouquet to you in Asheboro, NC.